Middletown School District's
Family Resource Center Programs
Working Together to Strengthen The Ties Between Families and Schools
The Family Resource Center (FRC) encourages family-school-community partnerships because we know that schools, families and communities all contribute to overall student success. The best results come when all three work together. The FRC provides programs that support student success and help parents and caregivers in every effort to promote learning and successful child development. The Family Resource Center provides a comfortable environment within the school setting where family members can grow with each other and interact positively with the school.
- To promote high academic achievement fo all learners.
- To provide a supportive environment at school where parent involvement is encouraged.
- To build and nurture school-home partnerships that support family literacy possibilities
- To articulate strategies designed to expand upon a family's strengths in creating language and literacy rich environments for their young children.
- To increase children's readiness for school entrance.
- To provide Information and referral with followup support.
- To provide parenting workshops and specific meetings on topics requested by parents and/or teachers.
- Offer students a range of recreational and educational opportunities that support positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Develop networks that build upon existing community resources and link with the school
- To increase availability of high-quality child -care (preschool and /or school-age before-and-after school).
- To enhance student achievement
Parents As Teachers: All parents are their child's first teachers. Come join us to receive information and guidance about your child's development and emerging skills. Develop a true partnership between parents and school.
Play & Learn Groups: Families and children ages birth to five are invited to attend group meetings. For more information call 860-638-3742.
Personal/Home Visits: Families who may be interested in information specific to their own child can arrange for a personal visit. Call Amy Waterman at 860-638-3742
Home Day Care Providers: Call to schedule a personal visit. Frc staff will share activities, materials and support. To schedule a music and movement class or story time with your group call Traci at 860-347-0869.
FRC Family Literacy Activities: The Family Resource Centers offer directly or in collaboration with other agencies, programs that support parents as full partners in the educational process for their children. Programs include: Parent Leadership Programs, Parent Resource Library, Special Family Events, Family education workshops/activities, Raising Readers Parent Club, Parent and child activities and support groups.
Information and Referral To:
After School Programs
Local Resources including food, housing and job information
School Age Child Care
School Readiness, Preschool and Early Childhood Programs
Give us a call or stop by for a visit!
Middletown Family Resource Program Coordinator