DID YOU KNOW?
Middletown has a strong Career and Technical Education program across grades 7-12 that provides the college and career edge in Technology Education, Family and Consumer Science, Vocational Agriculture and Business/Marketing education.
Out of almost 130 schools in CT with Career and Technical Education programs, Middletown earned a #1 ranking from the State of Connecticut in 2016 and 2014 and a #3 ranking in 2015 and 2013.
Our CTE staff provides rigorous and relevant instruction in many areas, including:
- Four years of Agriculture education
- Three years of Engineering and Robotics including an Early College Experience component
- Three years of Video Production
- Three years of Marketing
- Two years of Cooperative Work Experience
- Two years of Early Childhood Development
- Two years of Accounting
- and many more!
Finally, 80% of high school students nationwide that take courses in both Career and Technical Education and college prep meet college and career readiness goals versus 63% of students just taking college prep courses alone.
Career and Technical Education - "Celebrate today, own tomorrow."