Click on the language to view letter from the Superintendent (English) - (Spanish)
Kindergarten Registration - Summer
2017-2018 School Year
If you have not already registered your child for the 2017-18 Kindergarten program, there will be an opportunity to do so in August. Kindergarten registration will be held:
9:00 a.m. – 3:00p.m. (both days)
|Tuesday, August 15, 2017
|| Spencer School
207 Westfield Street
|Wednesday, August 16, 2017
70 Maynard Street
Please contact school directly to schedule an appointment. Children who will be 5 years old on or before January 1, 2018, may register.
Please read the following important information regarding required materials, as well as required immunizations, for 2017-2018 school year:
*Required Materials for Kindergarten Registration
When you register your child, you will need to bring the following:
- Your child.
- Certified Birth Certificate with Seal.
- Photo ID of parent/guardian, for example, driver’s license or passport.
- Health Assessment Record **(Blue original – no faxes, no copies). Please complete the front care provider within one year of your submission date and returned to the school prior to the start of the school year. If you have any questions, please contact the School Nurse at your child’s school. **Parents are encouraged to make 2 complete copies of the Health Assessment Form complete with Immunizations. They should keep one for their own records and another copy in the event it is necessary for before and after school programs. The school nurse is not responsible for making copies.**
- Court ordered documentation regarding custody and/or guardianship.
- Proof of Residency (i.e., copy of valid lease, mortgage contract, real estate tax bill). Residency Attestation: If you are living with another Middletown resident, you are required to submit the following:
a. A notarized letter from parent/guardian attesting to where you are residing.
b. A notarized letter from the Middletown resident holding the lease or mortgage contract confirming your residence.
c. A copy of a valid lease, mortgage contract or real estate tax bill from the Middletown resident with whom you are residing.
You will be able to register online prior to attending your scheduled registration appointment by going to the District Website: www.middletownschools.org/kindergarten or at the school during your scheduled registration appointment.
Required Kindergarten Immunizations for 2017-2018 school year:
- DTaP: At least 4 doses. The last dose must be given on or after 4th birthday.
- Polio: At least 3 doses. The last dose must be given on or after 4th birthday.
- MMR: 2 doses separated by at least 28 days, 1st dose on or after the 1st birthday.
- Hep B: 3 doses, last dose on or after 24 weeks of age.
- Varicella: 2 doses separated by at least 3 months, 1st dose on or after the 1st birthday; or verification of disease.
- Hib: 1 dose on or after 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old.
- Pneumococcal: 1 dose on or after the 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old.
- Hepatitis A: 2 doses given six calendar months apart, 1st dose on or after 1st birthday.
Kindergarten Forms and Information Documents:
|| Online Technical Questions
Middletown Public Schools
Dr. Alfred B. Tychsen Administration Building
Associate Superintendent's Office, Room 12
311 Hunting Hill Avenue
Middletown, CT 06457
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM, or by
|Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM, or by
Middletown School Readiness Council
Shaping Our Children’s School Success